HRF’s programs include a broad range of initiatives, such as successful campaigns to free political prisoners; on-the-ground education in closed societies; individual rights seminars on Capitol Hill; production of popular films and videos; scholarly legal analyses; high-impact media efforts; and the production of our flagship annual conference, the Oslo Freedom Forum.
Advocacy CampaignsHRF’s advocacy campaigns raise awareness, build support, and achieve objectives for individual rights through a series of strategic, coordinated activities. These activities may include media campaigns, meetings, open and private letters, op-eds, viral videos, press releases, legal reports, and amicus curiae briefs.
- Real Russia Today
- China: Free Liu Xiaobo
- Ending Violence Against Women in Pakistan
- Free RCTV
- Russia: Free Pussy Riot
- Government Crackdown in Kazakhstan
- Caracas Nine
- Ecuador: Free Guadalupe Llori
- Venezuela: Uphold Political Rights of Leopoldo Lopez
- Ecuador: End Persecution of Journalist Emilio Palacio
- Venezuela: Free Oswaldo Álvarez Paz
- Panama: Revert Expulsion of Journalists
- Tell Chávez
- The Inter-American Democratic Charter and Mr. Insulza